- About HEALTHY YOU
- Share Your Story
- Your Health Numbers
- Your School’s
About HEALTHY YOU
In an effort to encourage faculty and staff to live healthier lives, several members of The Boston Consortium for Higher Education (TBC), actively participate in a health management initiative called "HEALTHY YOU."
HEALTHY YOU is the result ongoing work among the Consortium’s member institutions. They take a close look at the collective health of faculty and staff, and consider:
- How to engage their people to improve their health, and
- How to educate them about the effect their choices have on health care costs.
The state’s three largest health care providers, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, and Tufts Health Plan partner with the schools to provide HEALTHY YOU programs, such as biometric health screenings and health coaching.
HEALTHY YOU emphasizes individual choice and responsibility for wellness. It includes a range of resources to help faculty and staff avoid the risks that can lead to an illness or ongoing health issue, and to improve management of a chronic illness. The different resources available through HEALTHY YOU are administered through the institutions’ health plan providers.
Over the past three years, the HEALTHY YOU program has offered employees of participating schools access to:
- Onsite biometric health screenings.
- Incentives for completing a confidential health questionnaire, which provides participants with a report of their health status to share with their doctors.
- Lifestyle coaching to identify and act on choices for healthier living, including losing weight, getting more physical activity or quitting smoking.
- Registered nurses and clinicians to help manage diseases such as asthma, diabetes, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Other tools and resources, including websites, health information sessions, and on-site events and competitions.
For links to the resources and tools available to faculty and staff at your institution, go to the information pages provided through “Your School’s Wellness Resources.” »